- Track your orders
- Save your details for express checkout
Tamarixia for Tomato Potato Psyllid Control
Tamarixia is a small, 100% safe parasitic wasp that specialises in parasitising the Tomato Potato Psyllid (Bactericera cockerelli) or TPP. PRICE: $30.00 per 100 adults (minimum order) plus GST and Freight.
Photos courtesy of Plant and Food Research Mt Albert
These wasps are 100% safe, they cannot sting.
Same week delivery is not guaranteed as products are subject to availability. If unsure, please contact Bioforce directly, although be assured that we always aim to deliver as promptly as possible.
Products will only be sent on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays, and will not be sent on public holidays. Orders placed after 1pm on Wednesday will likely be sent the following week. Please contact Bioforce directly by phone if immediate delivery is required, and we will endeavour to accommodate you. As these products are live organisms, it is important that they arrive quickly to their destination, and we do not send when it is possible they will be in transit over a weekend. Next day delivery is not guaranteed and customers should follow up with CourierPost using the tracking information provided on dispatch.
Bioforce will contact the purchaser advising you of the intended sending date, but only if products will not be shipped within the week of purchase. Please do not purchase the product online if you are unsure, however if the product has been purchased and you are unhappy with the delivery date, we will happily refund you the full amount. Please contact us immediately to complete this, as there will be no refunds once the goods have been sent.
Tamarixia is dispatched as live adults packed in a vial, and sent by courier (targeted overnight delivery, allow one extra day for rural deliveries).
- 0.5 Tamarixia adults per m2 as a PREVENTATIVE measure, preferably fortnightly before psyllids are found in the crop
- 1 Tamarixia adult per m2 as a light to moderate CURATIVE measure, over several weeks as psyllids are found in the crop
- 10 Tamarixia adults per m2 as a heavy CURATIVE measure, over several weeks as psyllids are found in the crop
Because psyllids breed very quickly, it is recommended that Tamarixia is released at the first sign of psyllid appearance.
- On arrival, release Tamarixia wasps between leaves in the morning or the evening
- Do not expose Tamarixia to direct sunlight
- DO NOT REFRIGERATE
- Store in a call place if need be, in the dark, for up to 2 days after reception.
- Open the vial only once you are in the area in which Tamarixia are to be released
Before introducing Tamarixia into your crop please check residual chemical affects and ensure you know chemical compatibilities of products that may be applied.