- Track your orders
- Save your details for express checkout
nematop® for Black Vine Weevil and Grass Grub Control
nematop® contains beneficial nematodes for controlling black vine weevils and grass grubs in the soil or media. Price: $45 per 50 million nematodes plus GST and Freight
nematop® is useful in orchards, nurseries, parks, golf courses, gardens, fields and other areas as part of an integrated pest management programme.
nematop® contains infective juveniles of a threadworm that parasitises a large variety of insect prey, including black vine weevils (Otiorhynchus sulcatus) and grass grubs. 100% safe to humans and pets. 100% safe to humans and pets!
Products will only be sent on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays, and will not be sent on public holidays. Orders placed after 1pm on Wednesday will likely be sent the following week. Please contact Bioforce directly by phone if immediate delivery is required, and we will endeavour to accommodate you. As these products are live organisms, it is important that they arrive quickly to their destination, and we do not send when it is possible they will be in transit over a weekend.
Bioforce will contact the purchaser advising you of the intended sending date, but only if products will not be shipped within the week of purchase. Please do not purchase the product online if you are unsure, however if the product has been purchased and you are unhappy with the delivery date, we will happily refund you the full amount. Please contact us immediately to complete this, as there will be no refunds once the goods have been sent.
The infective juveniles of nematop® actively seek out suitable prey. Once found, they crawl inside the body of their prey through breathing spiracles or other orifices, release a beneficial bacteria to break the pests internal organs down and feeds on the bacterial slurry. The nematodes then breed in the cadaver, which eventually breaks apart releasing more nematodes into the growing media.
The growing media should be moist but not wet. Nematodes cannot swim and are unable to move in water-saturated media.
- 50 million nematodes treats 100 m2 of soil/media
- Or 10,000 nematodes per litre of potting mix
- Or 15,000 nematodes per litre of substrates containing a high composted green waste or perlite content
The media should be moist but not sodden. Nematodes cannot swim and cannot move effectively in water-saturated potting mix.
Please seek the assistance of a crop scout or phone or email us directly for guidance. The advice above is indicative only, and more specific advice may be beneficial.
The nematodes are infective when the media temperature ranges from 12 to 25°C. At higher and lower temperatures, nematode efficacy decreases.
- nematop® should be used as soon as possible upon delivery.
- The package may be stored for several weeks at 4 to 10°C (see best before date on package).
- DO NOT FREEZE or exposed to more than 30°C.
- Nematodes can be applied with watering cans or through more commercial methods
- Normal spraying equipment can be used as well as drip-irrigation or a dosatron
- If possible skip irrigation once before the treatment to avoid compost to becoming too wet.
- A list of compatible pesticides and withholding periods can be found in the publication ‘The Good Bug Book’ Second Edition (2002), Editor Richard Llewellyn.